LADEN CONTAINER HANDLERS
UNMATCHED FIRST ROW BOX-RATES FROM THE HYSTER LADEN CONTAINER HANDLER
To deliver high ‘box-rates’ in first row only operations, Hyster laden container handlers perform container shunting operations at exceptional speeds, reliably and with a low cost of operation.
These laden container handlers feature the robust Hyster mast and spreader and can stack laden containers 3, 4 and 5 high in the first row offering fuel savings of up to 20%. They are receiving renewed interest from terminal operators because they can perform some container transport operations faster than most reachstackers when 2nd / 3rd row container storage is not required.
Hyster Laden Container Handler Highlights:
- For tough and demanding operations, the container spreader’s floating twistlocks, free mechanical articulation and sideshift movement ensures a fast spreader (dis)engagement to/from containers
- The solid Hyster mast has a simple dedicated carriage design and the container spreader combination has proven strength and reliability
- The robust, high-performance power train has built in engine and transmission protection systems ensuring maximum reliability and a low total cost of ownership
- The drive axle with double reduction and one-piece drive shafts, and multiple oil-immersed brakes with cooling system ensure reliability and low cost of operation
- Tier 4i / Stage IIIB compliant, producing lower emissions and offering up to 20% fuel savings compared to the previous generation of product, significantly reducing lifetime costs
- Tier 4i / Stage IIIB version features the Cummins QSL9 8.9L (up to 370 hp, 276kW) diesel engine
- In addition to the Cummins engine technologies, Hyster has also introduced new performance optimisation developments such as cooling on demand, load sensing hydraulics (power on demand), RPM management and alternate engine idle speed to help further reduce the total fuel consumption in most applications
- The ECO-eLo Fuel Efficiency Mode can be used which reduces the maximum engine speed and optimises fuel efficiency even more
- The Tier 4i / Stage IIIB compliant designs employ EGR engine technology to reduce emissions, which means that the end users in regulated regions can continue to operate as previously, in adding Diesel fuel to the tank with no additional equipment, additives or maintenance regimes, unlike SCR technology
- Tier 3 / Stage IIIA options are available for un-regulated regions outside the EU and North America featuring the Cummins 10,8L 6 cylinder QSM11 diesel engine
- The rear mounted “Vista” cab provides truly excellent all-round visibility in the most demanding and intense terminals with clear overhead container view